Work with Us
Together we are committed to seeing each child in Uganda grow up in a safe and loving family.
Child’s i Foundation is looking to recruit a Communications Coordinator to join their Uganda team
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Location: Head Office, Kampala
Department: Communications, Advocacy and Fundraising
Reports to: Communications & Advocacy Manager
Support the execution and coordination of all internal and external communications activities for Child’s i Foundation to build a worldwide community of supporters to achieve Child’s i mission.
Participate in raising the national and international profile of Child’s i Foundation working closely with the programmes teams to share Child’s i story in real-time.
Key Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, developing, and lead in distributing all communications and marketing materials, ensuring that the Child’s i vision, mission and programmes are accurately and consistently communicated, whilst ensuring that strict adherence to the brand identity and image policy is maintained.
- Generate content, update and maintain the Child’s i website, blog and social media channels in adherence to the Communication Plan.
- Produce regular case studies (including working with the outsourced producer to help produce films) to show the impact of our work with families.
- Assist with writing regular press releases and identify PR and marketing opportunities to raise awareness of Child’s i Foundation, and be the main point of contact for all press enquiries.
- Take responsibility for building and backing up Child’s i photographic libraries by sourcing strong images for use across all communications channels. Ensure that permission to photograph individuals (especially children) is secured and details kept on file, organised with media names and expiry dates.
- Produce the monthly Child’s i newsletter and take and take lead in the Child’s i regular email communications.
- Take an active lead on Facebook, Workplace and support Child’s i staff to share exciting stories to share with the wider community.
- Work closely with the Communications, Advocacy, and Fundraising team, participate in meetings to brainstorm ideas for videos and stories for latest blogs, advocacy and fundraising appeals
- Heads of Departments
- Social Work Team
- Government Officials
- Policy Makers
- Child’s i Foundation’s project and programme participants
- University Degree in Mass Communication, Development, Public Relations or Journalism (undergraduate)
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a Journalism or Communications position.
- Previous experience in digital/online communications
- Strong understanding of social media channels for development, communication and/or fundraising purposes.
- Previous experience with Ugandan media and civil society
- Experience in running media and communications campaigns
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PPT
- Experience with graphics software i.e. Adobe Photoshop or In Design and canva.
- Demonstrated experience in writing strategic communications pieces that include press releases, newsletters, website content, blog posts, case studies, proposals, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once and ensuring all timelines are met
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team
- Superior time management and organisational skills
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional communication skills including highly effective writing skills
- Ability to coordinate complex information to meet project deadlines
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to generate content for various media platforms
- Experience with website and blogging platforms i.e. Wix and WordPress
- Good photography and videography skill
- Ability to use various computer packages for print and electronic media
- Outgoing and proactive personality
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent ability to communicate
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
- Interest in alternative care and child protection issues
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about communications, advocacy and contributing to care reform in Uganda, we invite you to apply for the position of Communications Coordinator at Child’s i Foundation. Please submit your application letter and CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 31st March 2024 at 17:00 EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.